Just as Silicon Valley reaped the rewards of previously-inaccessible technology, so a reformation of capitalism could open up previously-closed opportunities.
What This Means for Investors
My thesis is predicated on the belief that market central planners and regulators cannot undo what has already happened with bitcoin and blockchain. While my general position in bitcoin may come under some question as time goes on, my bullish thesis remains intact. In other words, those long bitcoin with a short term time horizon are likely to be disappointed, but those who buy at the point of maximum pessimism will be rewarded.
Past the bitcoin-specific calls of its futures market positioning, I remain bullish on the digital currency and see it in its current state as a potentially important factor in the technology trend we all have long known about but have been paying little attention to. I don’t know the future price of bitcoin in 2023. However, I suspect bitcoin will move up with the emerging digital currencies, primarily through future innovation and growth opportunities which can only come about through the adoption of digital currencies.
I believe the bitcoin futures market has taken a number of meaningful steps in 2021 to help eliminate some of the damage that has been done to bitcoin’s market leadership by fiat authorities. For instance, I believe the market operators have reduced the volatility in the futures market significantly over the past six months and reduced the opportunity for nefarious actors to manipulate prices with front running.
Thus, I believe bitcoin will return to a position of prominence on Wall Street, with futures trading making it easier to buy and sell bitcoin.
- Non-Fungible Tokens (NFTs)
- One of the world’s biggest blockchains is testing a new way to approve transactions
- Blockchain.com and Unstoppable Domains Introduce .blockchain, First Branded Domain Name
- SuperTeam Games Raises $10 Million to Create Sports Games Enhanced by Blockchain Technology
- What is a blockchain domain?
- New York just passed a bitcoin mining ban
- Wecan launches a blockchain along with its token and successfully completes its first private pre-sale
- BSV Blockchain Association sponsors WeAreDevelopers World Congress in Berlin
- Tokens.com Announces Key New Hires and Acquires New Crypto Gaming Assets
- DeFi is defying but looks defeated
- Cloudflare Web3 Gateways include IPFS Gateway and Ethereum Gateway
- Russia Sanctions and Cryptocurrencies: Policy Issues
- Rise of Ransomware
- Direct and indirect dependencies created by software reuse
- NFT music platform FanTiger raises $5.5 mn to empower Independent Artists
- Bit.Store Platform Launches Social-Fi Collaborative Investment
- How a blockchain works?
- KuCoin Ventures Invests in Joyride Games, Inc., a Web3 Publishing Platform for Game Creators, Which Will Be Supported By KuCoin’s $100 Million Creators Fund
- Venture Capital Firms Target African Blockchain Projects
- Primitives Raises $4 Million to Redefine NFTs Through New Social Network